Elderly woman landlord killed in Nakhalpara: case filed
Published : 09 Mar 2018, 13:30
A case was filed in connection with the murder of an elderly woman at West Nakhalpara in the city on Thursday.
Babu, younger son of the victim, filed the case with Tejgaon Police Station on Thursday night, said Tejgaon thana police.
Amena Begum, 65, owner of a house in the area, was killed in an attack by an unknown youth on Thursday.
Quoting a tenant of the house, police said a young man entered the house to visit a flat for rent around 2 pm.
Hearing screams of Amena, neighbours rushed in and found her lying on the floor.
On information, police recovered the body around 2.30pm, said Md Sentu Mia, Inspector (Investigation) of Tejgaon Police Station.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- 17 March Deaths
- 17 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims