Hundreds of shanties gutted in Mirpur slum fire
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 12:06
Several hundred shanties were gutted in a devastating fire that broke out at a slum in Mirpur in the capital early Monday.
The fire originated at a shanty around 4am and soon engulfed adjacent shanties, said Mahfuz, duty officer of the Fire Service and Civil Defense control room.
On information, 21 units of firefighters rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control around 7:22am after three and half hours of frantic efforts, he added.
Fire service officials are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire and details about the losses from the fire.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Man linked to reality TV star Bethenny Frankel found dead