Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 15:52
A schoolgirl was raped allegedly by two teenagers at Chanpur village in Balaganj upazila on Saturday.
The alleged rapists are Arif, 19, son of Ashique Miah, a former member of Balaganj union parishad and resident of Syria village of the upazila, and Rumon Das, 17, son of Upandra Das of Nabiganj upazila in Habiganj district.
The victim’s father filed a case accusing the duo with Balaganj Police Station on Saturday night while the victim was sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital for medical test, said SM Jalal Uddin, officer-in-charge of the police station.
According to the case statement, the accused took the Class-VII girl to the house of Rumon and violated her there in turns.
The culprits also captured the scene on their mobile phones, threatening to upload those on the internet if she discloses the incident.
The OC said drives were on to arrest the culprits who are accused in another case filed for stabbing a college boy in the area last year.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka