Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
Published : 12 Mar 2018, 15:52
A schoolgirl was raped allegedly by two teenagers at Chanpur village in Balaganj upazila on Saturday.
The alleged rapists are Arif, 19, son of Ashique Miah, a former member of Balaganj union parishad and resident of Syria village of the upazila, and Rumon Das, 17, son of Upandra Das of Nabiganj upazila in Habiganj district.
The victim’s father filed a case accusing the duo with Balaganj Police Station on Saturday night while the victim was sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital for medical test, said SM Jalal Uddin, officer-in-charge of the police station.
According to the case statement, the accused took the Class-VII girl to the house of Rumon and violated her there in turns.
The culprits also captured the scene on their mobile phones, threatening to upload those on the internet if she discloses the incident.
The OC said drives were on to arrest the culprits who are accused in another case filed for stabbing a college boy in the area last year.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors