Sushma phones FM Ali, condoles loss of lives in plane crash
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 13:20
Indian Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj has spoken to Bangladesh Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, now in Singapore, and expressed deepest condolences and sympathies to Bangladesh for the loss of lives in the crash of US-Bangla Airlines at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
She expressed deepest condolences and sympathies to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the people of Bangladesh for the loss of lives.
The Indian minister also offered any assistance required in Kathmandu, and shared thoughts and prayers for those injured in the crash and with people of Bangladesh, according to Indian High Commission in Dhaka.
At least 50 people died as an aircraft of US-Bangla Airlines from Dhaka to Kathmandu crashed at Tribhuvan International Airport in the capital of the Himalayan country on Monday, said officials.
Many injured were rushed to nearby hospitals, officials added.
The death toll remained unclear amid the chaos of the crash and the rush of badly injured victims to nearby hospitals. Brig Gen Gokul Bhandari, the Nepal army spokesman, said 50 people died and the fate of the others was unknown, reports AP.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans