PM returns home today shortening Singapore visit
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 13:25
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will return home today cutting short her official visit to Singapore to stand beside the families of the victims of tragic plane crash at Kathmandu yesterday.
PM's press secretary Ihsanul Karim confirmed that the prime minister will return to Dhaka today afternoon by a regular flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines from Singapore.
Sheikh Hasina, who arrived in Singapore on Sunday on a four-day official visit, was scheduled to return home on Wednesday.
Meanwhile in a message to the nation, the prime minister said she will return home to stand beside the families of the victims of air crash which claimed lives of most of 71 passengers on board of the flight of US-Bangla Airlines bound for Kathmandu from Dhaka.
Sheikh Hasina expressed her profound shock and grief at the deaths of many compatriot citizens and nationals of Nepal, China, the Maldives and some other countries.
She conveyed her deep sympathy to the members of the bereaved families.
The prime minister talked to her Nepalese counterpart Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli over phone soon after the tragic accident and assured him of giving all possible support in conducting the rescue operation and treatment of the injured persons.
An aircraft is ready with doctors and necessary medical equipment and manpower and it will reach Katmandu soon after resumption of the operation of the Tribhuban Airport, she said.
Sheikh Hasina said the chiefs of three services and Prime Minister Office (PMO) are in constant touch with the authorities concerned in Nepal, while the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is taking all measures to help the families of the victims.
The prime minister said the Nepalese army has responded quickly to launch the rescue drive following the crash near an army camp.
The injured passengers were admitted to five hospitals in Nepal, she said.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit