US-Bangla plane crash: Death toll climbs to 51
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 18:45
Two more injured passengers of Monday’s US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu have succumbed to injuries on Tuesday, taking the death toll to 51.
Rastriya Samachar Samiti (RSS) quoting the Home Ministry has reported that 22 Nepalis, 28 Bangladeshis and a Chinese passenger have lost their lives in the accident —the third deadliest aviation accident involving an international carrier in Nepal.
There were 71 passengers and crew on board the ill-fated aircraft when the incident occurred.
Forty-nine people were confirmed dead on Monday when the plane crashed owing to “abnormal” landing at Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). The 78-seater US-Bangla Airlines Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 aircraft crashed at 2:18pm.
Source: The Kathmandu Post/ thedailystar
- Most viewed
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry