US-Bangla plane crash: Death toll climbs to 51
Published : 13 Mar 2018, 18:45
Two more injured passengers of Monday’s US-Bangla plane crash in Kathmandu have succumbed to injuries on Tuesday, taking the death toll to 51.
Rastriya Samachar Samiti (RSS) quoting the Home Ministry has reported that 22 Nepalis, 28 Bangladeshis and a Chinese passenger have lost their lives in the accident —the third deadliest aviation accident involving an international carrier in Nepal.
There were 71 passengers and crew on board the ill-fated aircraft when the incident occurred.
Forty-nine people were confirmed dead on Monday when the plane crashed owing to “abnormal” landing at Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). The 78-seater US-Bangla Airlines Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 aircraft crashed at 2:18pm.
Source: The Kathmandu Post/ thedailystar
- Most viewed
- From April, tourists can stay at Taj Mahal only for 3 hours
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday