Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
Published : 14 Mar 2018, 13:16
A 13-year-old schoolgirl has been stabbed in broad daylight in Chapainawabganj town, an attack believed to have been motivated from family quarrel.
The victim has been identified as Sathi Khatun, 13, daughter of Abdus Samad and a sixth grader at Kamal Uddin High School.
She was stabbed indiscriminately by Monirul Islam, 25, son of Faku Uddin, in Railbagan area around 10:00am, Chapainawabganj Sadar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Manzur Rahman said.
Sathi was on her way to school with a friend when she was waylaid and attacked. Locals rushed her initially to Chapainawabganj Sadar Hospital. She was later referred to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
Chapainawabganj Sadar Hospital’s Emergency Medical Officer Dr Khairunnesa said, Sathi suffered stab wounds at the abdomen, her left thigh and right arm.
Monirul had quarrels with Sathi’s family. OC Manzur said, the quarrel might be behind the attack.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka