Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
Published : 14 Mar 2018, 13:16
A 13-year-old schoolgirl has been stabbed in broad daylight in Chapainawabganj town, an attack believed to have been motivated from family quarrel.
The victim has been identified as Sathi Khatun, 13, daughter of Abdus Samad and a sixth grader at Kamal Uddin High School.
She was stabbed indiscriminately by Monirul Islam, 25, son of Faku Uddin, in Railbagan area around 10:00am, Chapainawabganj Sadar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Manzur Rahman said.
Sathi was on her way to school with a friend when she was waylaid and attacked. Locals rushed her initially to Chapainawabganj Sadar Hospital. She was later referred to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
Chapainawabganj Sadar Hospital’s Emergency Medical Officer Dr Khairunnesa said, Sathi suffered stab wounds at the abdomen, her left thigh and right arm.
Monirul had quarrels with Sathi’s family. OC Manzur said, the quarrel might be behind the attack.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors