Banani double rape: Shafat’s driver Billal gets bail
Published : 15 Mar 2018, 20:11
A Dhaka court has granted bail to one of the five accused in the sensational Banani double rape case.
Judge Md Shafiul Azam of the Second Special Tribunal for Prevention of Women and Children Repression in Dhaka yesterday granted the bail to Billal Hossain, driver of Shafat Ahmed, prime accused in the case and son of Apan Jewellers’ owner Dildar Ahmed.
Earlier in January, Shafat’s body guard Rahmat Ali was granted bail.
The key accused in the case -- Shafat Ahmed, Nayem Ashraf, and Shadman Sakif -- are now in jail.
Meanwhile, the court has so far completed cross examination of one of the complainers’ statement.
On May 6, a university student filed the case with Banani Police Station accusing Shafat, Sakif and three others bringing allegation of rape against them.
According to the case statement, two youth including Shafat raped the plaintiff and another university girl on March 28 at a birthday party at The Raintree Dhaka at Banani while three others assisted them.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- Theresa May wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Alia Bhatt sings a Ranbir Kapoor song