Banani double rape: Shafat’s driver Billal gets bail
Published : 15 Mar 2018, 20:11
A Dhaka court has granted bail to one of the five accused in the sensational Banani double rape case.
Judge Md Shafiul Azam of the Second Special Tribunal for Prevention of Women and Children Repression in Dhaka yesterday granted the bail to Billal Hossain, driver of Shafat Ahmed, prime accused in the case and son of Apan Jewellers’ owner Dildar Ahmed.
Earlier in January, Shafat’s body guard Rahmat Ali was granted bail.
The key accused in the case -- Shafat Ahmed, Nayem Ashraf, and Shadman Sakif -- are now in jail.
Meanwhile, the court has so far completed cross examination of one of the complainers’ statement.
On May 6, a university student filed the case with Banani Police Station accusing Shafat, Sakif and three others bringing allegation of rape against them.
According to the case statement, two youth including Shafat raped the plaintiff and another university girl on March 28 at a birthday party at The Raintree Dhaka at Banani while three others assisted them.
- Most viewed
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry