Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
Published : 19 Mar 2018, 13:49
Police recovered the body of a housewife from her in-law’s house in Kharbona river bank area in the city on Monday morning.
The deceased was identified as Meghla Begum, 19, wife of Subhan Ali of the area and daughter of Abdur Razzak, a resident of Char Kajla area under Motihar Police Station.
Being informed from Subhan Ali that his wife committed suicide, victim’s family members informed police, said Amanullah, officer-in-charge of Boalia Police Station.
Later, police recovered the body from the house and sent it to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital around 10am.
Meghla is believed to have been tortured to death by her husband, victim’s sister Chumki Begum alleged.
- Most viewed
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims