Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
Published : 20 Mar 2018, 17:02
Police arrested a teenage boy allegedly for violating a minor girl at Brahmangaon village in Tahirpur upazila of Sunamganj district on Sunday night.
The arrestee was identified as Muslim Uddin, 18, son of Tajul Islam of the village.
Victim’s family claimed that Muslim took the girl, aged 5, to an isolated place by a beel on Sunday afternoon and violated her there.
The family members, with the help of locals, rescued the girl in the evening after a hectic search and took her to Tahirpur Upazila Health Complex.
The victim was later shifted to Sunamganj Sadar Hospital on Monday morning for better treatment, said Mirza Riyad, duty doctor at the health complex.
Police arrested Muslim from his relative’s house at the village around 11:15 pm, said officer-in-charge of Tahirpur Police Station Nandan Kanti Dhar. “He was sent to jail through a court on Monday morning.”
- Most viewed
- 'Hotel Transylvania' books spot at top of box office
- Khaleda denied bail in Narail defamation case
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums