Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
Published : 20 Mar 2018, 17:02
Police arrested a teenage boy allegedly for violating a minor girl at Brahmangaon village in Tahirpur upazila of Sunamganj district on Sunday night.
The arrestee was identified as Muslim Uddin, 18, son of Tajul Islam of the village.
Victim’s family claimed that Muslim took the girl, aged 5, to an isolated place by a beel on Sunday afternoon and violated her there.
The family members, with the help of locals, rescued the girl in the evening after a hectic search and took her to Tahirpur Upazila Health Complex.
The victim was later shifted to Sunamganj Sadar Hospital on Monday morning for better treatment, said Mirza Riyad, duty doctor at the health complex.
Police arrested Muslim from his relative’s house at the village around 11:15 pm, said officer-in-charge of Tahirpur Police Station Nandan Kanti Dhar. “He was sent to jail through a court on Monday morning.”
- Most viewed
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Bangladesh has potential to achieve more: Bernicat
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue