Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
Published : 21 Mar 2018, 13:07
A housewife has been tortured to death allegedly by her husband for dowry at Barkhari village in Sadar upazila.
The deceased was identified as Reba Khatun, 25, wife of Golam Mollah of the village.
Quoting victim’s family members, officer-in-charge of Magura Police Station Ilias Hossain said Golam Mollah married Reba five years ago.
Since their marriage, Golam had been demanding dowry from her family and used to torture her very often, he said.
On Tuesday evening, he locked into an altercation with Reba over the issue and beat her indiscriminately, leaving her dead on the spot.
Later, he hanged the body with the ceiling of the house to make it appear that she committed suicide.
On information, police recovered the hanging body on Wednesday morning and sent it to Magura Sadar Hospital for autopsy.
They also arrested Golam from the spot, the OC said, adding that a murder case was filed over the incident.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge