Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
Published : 21 Mar 2018, 13:07
A housewife has been tortured to death allegedly by her husband for dowry at Barkhari village in Sadar upazila.
The deceased was identified as Reba Khatun, 25, wife of Golam Mollah of the village.
Quoting victim’s family members, officer-in-charge of Magura Police Station Ilias Hossain said Golam Mollah married Reba five years ago.
Since their marriage, Golam had been demanding dowry from her family and used to torture her very often, he said.
On Tuesday evening, he locked into an altercation with Reba over the issue and beat her indiscriminately, leaving her dead on the spot.
Later, he hanged the body with the ceiling of the house to make it appear that she committed suicide.
On information, police recovered the hanging body on Wednesday morning and sent it to Magura Sadar Hospital for autopsy.
They also arrested Golam from the spot, the OC said, adding that a murder case was filed over the incident.
- Most viewed
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- 25 September Events
- 25 September Births
- 25 September Deaths
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP