Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
Published : 22 Mar 2018, 16:55
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury along with her family left here for Saudi Arabia on Thursday morning to perform Umrah.
A regular flight of Emirates Airlines carrying the Speaker and her family members took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 9:55am, said a Parliament Secretariat release.
Senior Secretary of the Parliament Secretariat Dr M Abdur Rob Howlader and other senior officials saw her off at the airport.
Dr Shirin Sharmin is likely to return home on March 26 after performing Umrah and offering fathea at Medina.
- Most viewed
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry