Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
Published : 22 Mar 2018, 16:55
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury along with her family left here for Saudi Arabia on Thursday morning to perform Umrah.
A regular flight of Emirates Airlines carrying the Speaker and her family members took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 9:55am, said a Parliament Secretariat release.
Senior Secretary of the Parliament Secretariat Dr M Abdur Rob Howlader and other senior officials saw her off at the airport.
Dr Shirin Sharmin is likely to return home on March 26 after performing Umrah and offering fathea at Medina.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- Theresa May wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Alia Bhatt sings a Ranbir Kapoor song