Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
Published : 22 Mar 2018, 16:55
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury along with her family left here for Saudi Arabia on Thursday morning to perform Umrah.
A regular flight of Emirates Airlines carrying the Speaker and her family members took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 9:55am, said a Parliament Secretariat release.
Senior Secretary of the Parliament Secretariat Dr M Abdur Rob Howlader and other senior officials saw her off at the airport.
Dr Shirin Sharmin is likely to return home on March 26 after performing Umrah and offering fathea at Medina.
- Most viewed
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Bangladesh has potential to achieve more: Bernicat
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash