Wife of pilot Abid passes away
Published : 23 Mar 2018, 12:03
Afsana Khanom, widow of US-Bangla plane crash victim pilot Abid Sultan, passed away in a hospital in the capital on Friday morning.
Afsana, who was on life support at the National Institute of Neurosciences & Hospital following a stroke on Sunday last, breathed her last in the morning, said hospital sources.
Abid Sultan, who sustained injuries in the plane crash in Kathmandu, died at Norvic Hospital there a day after the incident.
US-Bangla Airlines flight BS211, which flew from Dhaka to Kathmandu carrying 67 passengers and four crewmembers, crashed at Tribhuvan International Airport in the capital of Himalayan country of Nepal on March 12, leaving 49 people, including 26 Bangladeshis, dead.
- Most viewed
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’