Minor girl killed in Pabna over onion harvesting
Published : 28 Mar 2018, 13:04
A five-year-old girl was killed in an attack over harvesting onions at Ghughudah village in Sathia upazila on Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Sadhona, daughter of Ratan Fakir of the village.
Quoting locals, police said an altercation ensued between Ratan and Imam when the former went to his land for harvesting onions in the afternoon.
At one stage, Imam and his sons attacked Ratan. Imam also hit Sadhona in the head with a bamboo stick, leaving her dead on the spot, said Hasan Inam, officer-in-charge of Sathia Police Station.
On information, police recovered the body and a case was filed over the incident, the OC said, adding that they were trying to arrest the killers.
- Most viewed
- Emotionally stable people are spendthrift
- Priyanka shares her bengali bride look
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film