BNP's return to power means country’s destruction: PM
Published : 29 Mar 2018, 18:14
Seeking vote for Awami League in the next general election, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said BNP's return to power means destruction of the country.
"BNP's return to power means destroying the country, burning people to death, indulging in corruption, plundering and terrorism, and creating militancy,” she said while addressing a public rally in the district town.
Awami League's Thakurgaon district unit arranged the rally at Thakurgaon Government Boys' High School ground in the town.
Mentioning that the national election will be held in December 2018, the Prime Minister said, "If you vote for Boat, we'll present you a Sonar Bangla with continued development.”
The PM further said, "The symbol of boat means your development and peace. It’ll provide you improved lifestyle."
Criticising BNP leaders, Sheikh Hasina said Khaleda Zia's two sons looted Tk 980.20 crore from banks, but did not pay back a single penny.
Earlier, the Prime Minister inaugurated 33 development projects and laid the foundation stones of 33 others.
AL district unit president Alhaj Dabirul Islam MP presided over the rally.
Sheikh Hasina last visited Thakurgaon on September 18, 2001.
AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Brides Minister Obaidul Quader, MP, Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, MP, AL presidium member Ramesh Chandra Sen, MP, AL joint general secretaries Mahbubul Alam, MP and Jahangir Kabir Nanak, MP, AL organising secretary Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury MP, among others, addressed the rally.
- Most viewed
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’