Trap of marriage: 2 women ‘raped’ in Savar
Published : 30 Mar 2018, 13:03
In separate incidents, two women, including a garment worker, have repeatedly been ‘raped’ here making false promise of marriage.
Locals said Ibrahim, assistant production manager (APM) of Aman Knitting Ltd situated at Hemayetpur, developed an affair with his fellow female worker, aged 26. He violated her on several occasions with a promise to marry her.
He took the female garment worker to a house on Wednesday night and raped her in front of his friends who recorded the act in their mobile phones.
Ibrahim also beat her mercilessly and looted her valuables before allowing her to go.
The victim filed a complaint with Savar Model Police Station on Thursday, said officer-in-charge of the police station Mohsiul Quader.
Police sent the victim to the one-stop crisis centre at Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Another woman, aged around 50, was violated several times by a truck driver being fallen into the same trap of marriage.
The alleged rapist also threatened to slaughter her if the disclosed the matter to anyone, the victim said.
The victim also sent to the DMCH for medical test, the OC said.
- Most viewed
- Emotionally stable people are spendthrift
- Priyanka shares her bengali bride look
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film