Woman comes under acid attack in Hazaribagh
Published : 02 Apr 2018, 13:05
A young woman was injured when a miscreant hurled acid on her in Hazaribagh area of Dhaka this morning.
Akhlima Begum, 27, a resident of Jhauchor in Hazaribagh area, suffered five percent burn injuries and is undergoing treatment at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital, said Sub- inspector Bacchu Miah, in-charge of DMCH police camp.
The incident took place when Akhlima was taking her daughter to school by a rickshaw around 7:30am, Bacchu Miah said.
She suffered burn injuries on her face, neck and shoulders, he added.
Further details on the attack could not be known yet.
- Most viewed
- Emotionally stable people are spendthrift
- Priyanka shares her bengali bride look
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film