82,473 get primary scholarships
Published : 03 Apr 2018, 13:38
A total of 82,473 students have got scholarships in the Primary Terminal Examinations 2017.
Primary and Mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman announced the list of scholarship recipients at a press conference at his ministry's conference room at Bangladesh Secretariat on Tuesday morning.
The scholarships were given in two categories talent pool and general on the basis of highest marks in the examinations held in November last year.
Among the students, 32,998 students got scholarships in talent pool and 49,475 students in general.
Normally, 82,500 students get scholarships including 33,000 in talent pool and 49,500 in general. But, this year, the quota was not fulfilled for lacking of 2 students in talent pool and 25 students in general category.
However, the quota will be coordinated later, the minister added.
The results are available at the website of the Primary Education Directorate: www.dpe.gov.bd.
- Most viewed
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans