Bhola father beaten up for protesting daughter’s harassment
Published : 05 Apr 2018, 13:34
A father was beaten up by a group of stalkers as he attempted to protest eve-teasing, writing bad comments regarding his girl on Facebook in Lalmohan upazila on Wednesday morning.
The victim’s father Md Akhter Hossain Faruk is a teacher at Nazimpur Madrasa of the upazila.
Talking to UNB, Akhter Hossain said that a group of stalkers led by local tout Piyal had long disturbed his daughter Mim Akhter.
Besides, they uploaded her photo on Facebook accompanied by scandalous comments.
Protesting the incident, he was going to inform the headmaster of Hajir Hat Secondary School around 9am on Wednesday.
That’s when he was waylaid by the stalkers including Piyal’s nephew Munna and his friend Ratul, leaving him injured.
Locals rescued him and admitted him to Lalmohan Sadar Hospital from where he was sent to Bhola for better treatment in the afternoon.
Later, Akhter Hossain was sent to Barisal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital as his condition deteriorated.
Lalmohan Police Station officer-in-charge Mir Khairul Kabir told journalists there was no official complaint in the incident yet. Necessary legal action can be taken after having written complaint.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge