Bhola father beaten up for protesting daughter’s harassment
Published : 05 Apr 2018, 13:34
A father was beaten up by a group of stalkers as he attempted to protest eve-teasing, writing bad comments regarding his girl on Facebook in Lalmohan upazila on Wednesday morning.
The victim’s father Md Akhter Hossain Faruk is a teacher at Nazimpur Madrasa of the upazila.
Talking to UNB, Akhter Hossain said that a group of stalkers led by local tout Piyal had long disturbed his daughter Mim Akhter.
Besides, they uploaded her photo on Facebook accompanied by scandalous comments.
Protesting the incident, he was going to inform the headmaster of Hajir Hat Secondary School around 9am on Wednesday.
That’s when he was waylaid by the stalkers including Piyal’s nephew Munna and his friend Ratul, leaving him injured.
Locals rescued him and admitted him to Lalmohan Sadar Hospital from where he was sent to Bhola for better treatment in the afternoon.
Later, Akhter Hossain was sent to Barisal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital as his condition deteriorated.
Lalmohan Police Station officer-in-charge Mir Khairul Kabir told journalists there was no official complaint in the incident yet. Necessary legal action can be taken after having written complaint.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android