Man to die for killing wife in Satkhira
Published : 05 Apr 2018, 15:52
A tribunal here on Thursday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife in 2009.
The condemned convict is Quamrul Dhali, 35, son of Sattar Dhali of Shyamnagar upazila.
The court also fined him Tk 50,000, in default, to suffer six months more rigorous imprisonment.
According to the prosecution, Quamrul beat his wife to death over dowry on September 2, 2009.
On the following day, victim’s brother Rashedul Islam filed a case with Shyamnagar Police Station.
Later, police arrested Quamrul and submitted chargesheet accusing four people.
After examining records and witnesses, Women and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal Judge Hosne Ara Akter handed down the verdict and acquitted three others as allegation brought against them could not be proved.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android