Man to die for killing wife in Satkhira
Published : 05 Apr 2018, 15:52
A tribunal here on Thursday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife in 2009.
The condemned convict is Quamrul Dhali, 35, son of Sattar Dhali of Shyamnagar upazila.
The court also fined him Tk 50,000, in default, to suffer six months more rigorous imprisonment.
According to the prosecution, Quamrul beat his wife to death over dowry on September 2, 2009.
On the following day, victim’s brother Rashedul Islam filed a case with Shyamnagar Police Station.
Later, police arrested Quamrul and submitted chargesheet accusing four people.
After examining records and witnesses, Women and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal Judge Hosne Ara Akter handed down the verdict and acquitted three others as allegation brought against them could not be proved.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge