PM invited to join Joint Military Exercise in Dammam
Published : 05 Apr 2018, 16:03
Saudi King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz has invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the concluding ceremony of the 23-country Joint Military Exercise to be held in Dammam on April 16 next.
Saudi Ambassador to Bangladesh Abdullah HM Al Mutairi handed over a letter of the Saudi King to this end to the Prime Minister when he made a courtesy call on her at her official residence Ganobahaban
After the meeting, Prime Minister’s Press Secretary Ihasanul Karim briefed reporters.
He said 23 countries, including Bangladesh, are participating in the month-long Joint Military Exercise titled ‘Gulf Shield-1’ that began on March 18.
The Press Secretary said both Sheikh Hasina and the Ambassador expressed satisfaction at the existing level of bilateral relations between the two brotherly Muslim countries.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali was present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara