PM invited to join Joint Military Exercise in Dammam
Published : 05 Apr 2018, 16:03
Saudi King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz has invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the concluding ceremony of the 23-country Joint Military Exercise to be held in Dammam on April 16 next.
Saudi Ambassador to Bangladesh Abdullah HM Al Mutairi handed over a letter of the Saudi King to this end to the Prime Minister when he made a courtesy call on her at her official residence Ganobahaban
After the meeting, Prime Minister’s Press Secretary Ihasanul Karim briefed reporters.
He said 23 countries, including Bangladesh, are participating in the month-long Joint Military Exercise titled ‘Gulf Shield-1’ that began on March 18.
The Press Secretary said both Sheikh Hasina and the Ambassador expressed satisfaction at the existing level of bilateral relations between the two brotherly Muslim countries.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali was present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be