Woman tied to tree, tortured over dowry
Published : 06 Apr 2018, 15:31
A housewife was brutally tortured allegedly by her husband and brother-in-law for dowry at Dahakula village in Sadar upazila on Friday.
Quoting local people, police said Kabir used to torture his wife Anwara for various reasons including dowry since their marriage.
On Friday morning, the couple locked into an altercation over the same issue.
At one stage, Habid and Kabir took Anwara to the courtyard of their house and beat her up mercilessly after tying her to a tree, leaving her injured, said Shariful Islam, inspector (investigation) of Sadar Police Station.
Hearing screams, local people rescued the victim with the help of local Union Parishad member and took her to Satkhira Sadar Hospital.
On information, police arrested the duo.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android