Woman tied to tree, tortured over dowry
Published : 06 Apr 2018, 15:31
A housewife was brutally tortured allegedly by her husband and brother-in-law for dowry at Dahakula village in Sadar upazila on Friday.
Quoting local people, police said Kabir used to torture his wife Anwara for various reasons including dowry since their marriage.
On Friday morning, the couple locked into an altercation over the same issue.
At one stage, Habid and Kabir took Anwara to the courtyard of their house and beat her up mercilessly after tying her to a tree, leaving her injured, said Shariful Islam, inspector (investigation) of Sadar Police Station.
Hearing screams, local people rescued the victim with the help of local Union Parishad member and took her to Satkhira Sadar Hospital.
On information, police arrested the duo.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge