Khaleda taken to BSMMU for medical tests
Published : 07 Apr 2018, 12:11
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia has been taken to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) from the Old Central Jail at Najimuddin Road here for medical tests.
An ambulance carrying the BNP chairperson reached the hospital around 11.30 am on Satirday, said BNP sources.
Khaleda Zia fell sick in the jail on March 29 and postponed a scheduled meeting with its secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
On April 1, the government formed a medical team comprising four professors of Dhaka Medical College Hospital to examine her health condition and ensure her treatment in jail.
On February 8 last, a special court here sentenced Khaleda to five years' rigorous imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
- Most viewed
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)