Khaleda taken to BSMMU for medical tests
Published : 07 Apr 2018, 12:11
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia has been taken to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) from the Old Central Jail at Najimuddin Road here for medical tests.
An ambulance carrying the BNP chairperson reached the hospital around 11.30 am on Satirday, said BNP sources.
Khaleda Zia fell sick in the jail on March 29 and postponed a scheduled meeting with its secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
On April 1, the government formed a medical team comprising four professors of Dhaka Medical College Hospital to examine her health condition and ensure her treatment in jail.
On February 8 last, a special court here sentenced Khaleda to five years' rigorous imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Girls' supremacy finally over