No quota system in govt jobs, announces PM
Published : 11 Apr 2018, 18:24
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today announced to abolish the existing quota system in the public service recruitment amid protests.
“The quota system will be scrapped as the students do not want it,” the premier said while addressing at the parliament this afternoon.
The prime minister’s announcement came amid demonstration of students across the country demanding reformation of the quota system. The students of public and private universities across Bangladesh have been demonstrating to press home their demand since Sunday.
About the attack at Dhaka University vice chancellor’s residence on Sunday, she said no student can carry on such attack on their teachers. “The attackers are not eligible to be students,” she said.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’