Women crushed under train in Jashore
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 13:27
A woman was crushed under the wheels of a train at Jhikargaccha rail station here on Thursday afternoon.
The deceased was identified as Fatema Begum, wife of Mafizur Rahman of Khazahat village in the upazila.
Witnesses said a goat of Fatema jumped on the rail track when a Benapole-bound commuter train was coming from Khulna.
The train hit Fatema when she was trying to save her goat, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, Railway Police recovered the body and sent to sadar hospital morgue for autopsy.
- Most viewed
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare