Women crushed under train in Jashore
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 13:27
A woman was crushed under the wheels of a train at Jhikargaccha rail station here on Thursday afternoon.
The deceased was identified as Fatema Begum, wife of Mafizur Rahman of Khazahat village in the upazila.
Witnesses said a goat of Fatema jumped on the rail track when a Benapole-bound commuter train was coming from Khulna.
The train hit Fatema when she was trying to save her goat, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, Railway Police recovered the body and sent to sadar hospital morgue for autopsy.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final