Carrying bags banned during Baishakh celebration
Published : 13 Apr 2018, 16:18
The Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) on Thursday issued a number of security advisories, including banning carrying of bags, for the city dwellers for smooth and peaceful celebration of the Pahela Baishakh, the first day of the Bangla New Year, on April 14.
The DMP urged all to stop entering vehicles in Dhaka University, Ramna Park and Suhrawardy Udyan and its adjoining areas and Rabindra Sarobar on the day.
The city dwellers are asked not to carry handbag, trolley bag, large vanity bag, explosive substances, knife, firearms, scissor, bombs, blade and gaslight during the celebration of Pahela Baishakh for the sake of security.
The DMP also asked all not to wear masks and carry sticker of advertisements while taking part in the procession (Mongol Shovajatra) and to inform police about any sort of suspicious movement.
The city dwellers are requested to leave Ramna Park and Suhrawardy Udyan areas by 6 pm and Rabindra Sarobar area by 7 pm on the day.
The DMP instructed the authorities concerned to complete all open-air programmes by 5 pm, except the one to be held at Rabindra Sarobar.
The DMP imposed ban on playing, buying and selling vuvuzela, requesting all to be careful about the standard and price of the foods specially panta- ilish before consuming.
Entry and exit gates to Ramna Park and Suhrawardi Udyan:
People can enter the Ramna Park through Ramna Restaurant Gate, Ostachal Gate (opposite to Children Park) Arunodoy Gate (opposite to Sugandha) and can exit through Uttarayan gate (Westside of Mitoo Road), Boishakhi Gate (opposite to IEB).
The other entry and exit gates from and to Ramna Park are: Shyamalima Gate (Southside of Kakrail Mosque), Star Gate (Matshya Bhaban Crossing) and New Gate (middle of Boishakhi and Ostachal Gate).
The entry gates for the Suhrawardi Udyan are Shikha Chirantan, New Gate (Opposite to Bangla Academy), and adjoining gate of Tin Netar Mazar while the exit gates are Kali Mandir Gate, IEB Gate. TSC Gate and Chhabirhat Gate will be closed.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women