3 cottages gutted in Sajek fire
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 11:12
At least 3 tourist cottages have been gutted in a fire at Sajek valley in Baghaichhari upazila of Rangamati.
The fire broke out around 1:45am on Monday, said Anwar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Sajek Police Station.
The fire engulfed ‘Sajek Bilash’, ‘Gorba Cottage’ and ‘Kachalong Cottage’ and gutted those due to acute water crisis in the area, said locals.
On information a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence from Dighinala rushed there and doused the flame with the help of security forces and locals.
However, reason behind the incident could not be known immediately, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women