3 cottages gutted in Sajek fire
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 11:12
At least 3 tourist cottages have been gutted in a fire at Sajek valley in Baghaichhari upazila of Rangamati.
The fire broke out around 1:45am on Monday, said Anwar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Sajek Police Station.
The fire engulfed ‘Sajek Bilash’, ‘Gorba Cottage’ and ‘Kachalong Cottage’ and gutted those due to acute water crisis in the area, said locals.
On information a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence from Dighinala rushed there and doused the flame with the help of security forces and locals.
However, reason behind the incident could not be known immediately, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women