3 cottages gutted in Sajek fire
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 11:12
At least 3 tourist cottages have been gutted in a fire at Sajek valley in Baghaichhari upazila of Rangamati.
The fire broke out around 1:45am on Monday, said Anwar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Sajek Police Station.
The fire engulfed ‘Sajek Bilash’, ‘Gorba Cottage’ and ‘Kachalong Cottage’ and gutted those due to acute water crisis in the area, said locals.
On information a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence from Dighinala rushed there and doused the flame with the help of security forces and locals.
However, reason behind the incident could not be known immediately, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today