3 cottages gutted in Sajek fire
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 11:12
At least 3 tourist cottages have been gutted in a fire at Sajek valley in Baghaichhari upazila of Rangamati.
The fire broke out around 1:45am on Monday, said Anwar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Sajek Police Station.
The fire engulfed ‘Sajek Bilash’, ‘Gorba Cottage’ and ‘Kachalong Cottage’ and gutted those due to acute water crisis in the area, said locals.
On information a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence from Dighinala rushed there and doused the flame with the help of security forces and locals.
However, reason behind the incident could not be known immediately, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today