3 cottages gutted in Sajek fire
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 11:12
At least 3 tourist cottages have been gutted in a fire at Sajek valley in Baghaichhari upazila of Rangamati.
The fire broke out around 1:45am on Monday, said Anwar Hossain, officer-in-charge of Sajek Police Station.
The fire engulfed ‘Sajek Bilash’, ‘Gorba Cottage’ and ‘Kachalong Cottage’ and gutted those due to acute water crisis in the area, said locals.
On information a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence from Dighinala rushed there and doused the flame with the help of security forces and locals.
However, reason behind the incident could not be known immediately, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0