PM arrives in Dammam
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 11:35
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here on Sunday evening on a nine-day official visit to Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage, which left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 4:40pm, landed at Dammam King Fahd International Airport at 7:35 pm local time.
Bangladesh Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Golam Moshi received her at the airport.
During the two-nation visit, the Prime Minister will attend the concluding ceremony of a joint military exercise named 'Gulf Shield-1' at Dammam of Saudi Arabia and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London.
She will join the concluding ceremony of 'Gulf Shield-1' at the invitation of Saudi King and Custodian of the two Holy Mosques, Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud.
In Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Hasina will take part in a parade apart from the concluding ceremony of the joint military exercise in the Eastern Province of Al-Jubail on April 16.
After attending the concluding ceremony, Hasina will leave Dammam for London at 5pm on Monday by a special flight.
The flight is scheduled to land at Heathrow International Airport in London at 10:30pm local time.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- How blue light accelerates blindness
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work