PM arrives in Dammam
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 11:35
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here on Sunday evening on a nine-day official visit to Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage, which left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 4:40pm, landed at Dammam King Fahd International Airport at 7:35 pm local time.
Bangladesh Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Golam Moshi received her at the airport.
During the two-nation visit, the Prime Minister will attend the concluding ceremony of a joint military exercise named 'Gulf Shield-1' at Dammam of Saudi Arabia and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London.
She will join the concluding ceremony of 'Gulf Shield-1' at the invitation of Saudi King and Custodian of the two Holy Mosques, Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud.
In Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Hasina will take part in a parade apart from the concluding ceremony of the joint military exercise in the Eastern Province of Al-Jubail on April 16.
After attending the concluding ceremony, Hasina will leave Dammam for London at 5pm on Monday by a special flight.
The flight is scheduled to land at Heathrow International Airport in London at 10:30pm local time.
- Most viewed
- Hasina-Mamata meeting in Kolkata today
- PM Sheikh Hasina visits Jorasanko Thakur Bari
- Hasina calls for int'l support for ''Rohingya Repatriation''
- 26 May Events
- 26 May Births
- 26 May Deaths
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule