Narail court to hear Khaleda bail plea on May 8
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 17:23
A court here on Monday fixed May 8 for hearing on appeal petition filed seeking BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s bail in a case over ‘derogatory remarks’ against freedom fighters.
Judge of the Narail Cognizence Court, Senior Judicial Magistrate Zahidul Azad passed the order following a petition filed by her lawyer.
On August 23, 2016, the court issued warrant for the arrest of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia for her ‘derogatory’ remarks on the number of the freedom fighters during the Liberation War.
On July 25, last, a court summoned Khaleda over the issue.
On December 21, 2015, Khaleda Zia at a discussion at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh raised questions about the actual number of Liberation War martyrs saying, "There're controversies over how many were martyred in the Liberation War. There're also many books and documents on the controversies.
Reacting over the Khaleda’s remark, Raihan Farooque Imam of Naragati filed a case with the Cognigence Court on December 24, 2015.
- Most viewed
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor likely to tie the knot in 2020
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl