Narail court to hear Khaleda bail plea on May 8
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 17:23
A court here on Monday fixed May 8 for hearing on appeal petition filed seeking BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s bail in a case over ‘derogatory remarks’ against freedom fighters.
Judge of the Narail Cognizence Court, Senior Judicial Magistrate Zahidul Azad passed the order following a petition filed by her lawyer.
On August 23, 2016, the court issued warrant for the arrest of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia for her ‘derogatory’ remarks on the number of the freedom fighters during the Liberation War.
On July 25, last, a court summoned Khaleda over the issue.
On December 21, 2015, Khaleda Zia at a discussion at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh raised questions about the actual number of Liberation War martyrs saying, "There're controversies over how many were martyred in the Liberation War. There're also many books and documents on the controversies.
Reacting over the Khaleda’s remark, Raihan Farooque Imam of Naragati filed a case with the Cognigence Court on December 24, 2015.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack