Narail court to hear Khaleda bail plea on May 8
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 17:23
A court here on Monday fixed May 8 for hearing on appeal petition filed seeking BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s bail in a case over ‘derogatory remarks’ against freedom fighters.
Judge of the Narail Cognizence Court, Senior Judicial Magistrate Zahidul Azad passed the order following a petition filed by her lawyer.
On August 23, 2016, the court issued warrant for the arrest of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia for her ‘derogatory’ remarks on the number of the freedom fighters during the Liberation War.
On July 25, last, a court summoned Khaleda over the issue.
On December 21, 2015, Khaleda Zia at a discussion at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh raised questions about the actual number of Liberation War martyrs saying, "There're controversies over how many were martyred in the Liberation War. There're also many books and documents on the controversies.
Reacting over the Khaleda’s remark, Raihan Farooque Imam of Naragati filed a case with the Cognigence Court on December 24, 2015.
- Most viewed
- Hasina-Mamata meeting in Kolkata today
- PM Sheikh Hasina visits Jorasanko Thakur Bari
- Hasina calls for int'l support for ''Rohingya Repatriation''
- 26 May Events
- 26 May Births
- 26 May Deaths
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule