Narail court to hear Khaleda bail plea on May 8
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 17:23
A court here on Monday fixed May 8 for hearing on appeal petition filed seeking BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s bail in a case over ‘derogatory remarks’ against freedom fighters.
Judge of the Narail Cognizence Court, Senior Judicial Magistrate Zahidul Azad passed the order following a petition filed by her lawyer.
On August 23, 2016, the court issued warrant for the arrest of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia for her ‘derogatory’ remarks on the number of the freedom fighters during the Liberation War.
On July 25, last, a court summoned Khaleda over the issue.
On December 21, 2015, Khaleda Zia at a discussion at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh raised questions about the actual number of Liberation War martyrs saying, "There're controversies over how many were martyred in the Liberation War. There're also many books and documents on the controversies.
Reacting over the Khaleda’s remark, Raihan Farooque Imam of Naragati filed a case with the Cognigence Court on December 24, 2015.
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0