Narail court to hear Khaleda bail plea on May 8
Published : 16 Apr 2018, 17:23
A court here on Monday fixed May 8 for hearing on appeal petition filed seeking BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s bail in a case over ‘derogatory remarks’ against freedom fighters.
Judge of the Narail Cognizence Court, Senior Judicial Magistrate Zahidul Azad passed the order following a petition filed by her lawyer.
On August 23, 2016, the court issued warrant for the arrest of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia for her ‘derogatory’ remarks on the number of the freedom fighters during the Liberation War.
On July 25, last, a court summoned Khaleda over the issue.
On December 21, 2015, Khaleda Zia at a discussion at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh raised questions about the actual number of Liberation War martyrs saying, "There're controversies over how many were martyred in the Liberation War. There're also many books and documents on the controversies.
Reacting over the Khaleda’s remark, Raihan Farooque Imam of Naragati filed a case with the Cognigence Court on December 24, 2015.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women