PM in London to attend Commonwealth meeting
Published : 17 Apr 2018, 12:29
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived in London in the early hours of Tuesday on a six-day official visit to join the 25th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
A special aircraft of the Saudi government carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage landed at Luton Airport in Londonat12:40amlocal time.
British Prime Minister Theresa May's representative Neil Holland and Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine received Sheikh Hasina at the airport.
From the airport, the Prime Minister, in a ceremonial motorcade, was taken to Claridge's Hotel Limited in London where she will stay during her visit to the UK.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final