Husband kills wife for dowry
Published : 21 Apr 2018, 12:39
A housewife was beaten to death over dowry allegedly by her husband in Bagachra village of Sharsha upazila in Jashore on Friday night.
The deceased is Zahura Khatun, 34, wife of Ripon Hossain, 38 of the upazila.
Ripon used to torture Zahura over dowry. Following the quarrel over the issue again on Friday, he beat her to death on the spot, alleged the victim's father.
Later, he hanged the body with the ceiling to make it appear to be suicide, he added.
Ripon went into hiding soon after the incident.
Police recovered the body. A case was filed in this connection.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women