Husband kills wife for dowry
Published : 21 Apr 2018, 12:39
A housewife was beaten to death over dowry allegedly by her husband in Bagachra village of Sharsha upazila in Jashore on Friday night.
The deceased is Zahura Khatun, 34, wife of Ripon Hossain, 38 of the upazila.
Ripon used to torture Zahura over dowry. Following the quarrel over the issue again on Friday, he beat her to death on the spot, alleged the victim's father.
Later, he hanged the body with the ceiling to make it appear to be suicide, he added.
Ripon went into hiding soon after the incident.
Police recovered the body. A case was filed in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Shweta Bachchan to make debut with father Amitabh
- 10 drug dealers killed in ‘gunfights’ across country
- 22 May Events
- 22 May Births
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement