PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
Published : 21 Apr 2018, 12:48
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, now in London to attend the 25th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) exchanged greetings with British Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday (local time).
“The prime minister exchanged greetings with the Queen at the Buckingham Palace here," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said.
The press secretary said the prime minister also exchanged greetings with Prince Charles at the same place.
Later, she along with other heads of government and leaders of the Commonwealth countries joined dinner hosted by the Queen.
Meanwhile, Hasina attended different retreat sessions of the CHOGM at St. George's Hall in Windsor Castle earlier in the day.
The 25th CHOGM formally kicked off here on Thursday with the participation of heads of government and other leaders of 53 Commonwealth states.
- Most viewed
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- 16 August Deaths
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest