PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
Published : 21 Apr 2018, 12:48
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, now in London to attend the 25th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) exchanged greetings with British Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday (local time).
“The prime minister exchanged greetings with the Queen at the Buckingham Palace here," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said.
The press secretary said the prime minister also exchanged greetings with Prince Charles at the same place.
Later, she along with other heads of government and leaders of the Commonwealth countries joined dinner hosted by the Queen.
Meanwhile, Hasina attended different retreat sessions of the CHOGM at St. George's Hall in Windsor Castle earlier in the day.
The 25th CHOGM formally kicked off here on Thursday with the participation of heads of government and other leaders of 53 Commonwealth states.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack