Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
Published : 21 Apr 2018, 17:08
A teenage girl lost her leg as the wheels of a BRTC bus ran over it on the Airport Road in Banani of Dhaka last night.
The Uttara-bound BRTC double-decker bus from Mohakhali hit Rozina Akhter, 18, a housemaid, while she was crossing the road in Chairmanbari area around 8:30pm, her father Rasul Mia said today.
“Her right leg got severed from her thigh following the accident. Her physical condition is now stable but she is not out of danger,” said Prof Abdul Gani Mollah, director at the National Institute of Traumatology & Orthopaedic Rehabilitation (Nitor).
Rozina was rushed to the hospital immediately after the accident.
During the accident, the rear wheels of the BRTC bus ran over her right leg after she fell on the road hit by the vehicle, said Nazrul Islam, a witness.
Hailing from Dhobaura upazila of Mymensingh, Rozina had been working at the house of a journalist at Banani for nine years.
Soon after the incident, the passengers of the bus caught the driver and handed him over to police, a duty officer of Banani Police Station said.
A case was filed with the police station in this connection, the official said.
On April 4, Rajib Hossain, a college student, had lost his right hand after it got stuck between two buses in the city's Banglamotor area. He died at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on April 17.
- Most viewed
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Shweta Bachchan to make debut with father Amitabh
- 10 drug dealers killed in ‘gunfights’ across country
- 22 May Events
- 22 May Births
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement