Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
Published : 21 Apr 2018, 17:08
A teenage girl lost her leg as the wheels of a BRTC bus ran over it on the Airport Road in Banani of Dhaka last night.
The Uttara-bound BRTC double-decker bus from Mohakhali hit Rozina Akhter, 18, a housemaid, while she was crossing the road in Chairmanbari area around 8:30pm, her father Rasul Mia said today.
“Her right leg got severed from her thigh following the accident. Her physical condition is now stable but she is not out of danger,” said Prof Abdul Gani Mollah, director at the National Institute of Traumatology & Orthopaedic Rehabilitation (Nitor).
Rozina was rushed to the hospital immediately after the accident.
During the accident, the rear wheels of the BRTC bus ran over her right leg after she fell on the road hit by the vehicle, said Nazrul Islam, a witness.
Hailing from Dhobaura upazila of Mymensingh, Rozina had been working at the house of a journalist at Banani for nine years.
Soon after the incident, the passengers of the bus caught the driver and handed him over to police, a duty officer of Banani Police Station said.
A case was filed with the police station in this connection, the official said.
On April 4, Rajib Hossain, a college student, had lost his right hand after it got stuck between two buses in the city's Banglamotor area. He died at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on April 17.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan