PM returns home from London
Published : 23 Apr 2018, 12:16
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returned home from London on Monday morning, wrapping up her six-day official visit to the United Kingdom (UK).
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport here at 10:47 am.
She departed from the Heathrow Airport in London at 8:00 pm (local time) on Sunday and Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine saw Sheikh Hasina off at the airport.
On Tuesday (April 17), Hasina arrived in London from Saudi Arabia to attend the 25th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
During her stay in London, she joined various programmes, including the CHOGM summit, Commonwealth Women Forum, a high-level programme arranged by UK’s prestigious think-tank ‘Overseas Development Institute (ODI)’.
Besides, she attended the welcome reception followed by dinner hosted by British Prime Minister Theresa May, a reception followed by dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth II in honour of heads of government and their spouses/partners, and a reception hosted by Commonwealth Secretary General Patricia Scotland QC.
The Prime Minister also joined a community reception accorded to her marking the graduation of Bangladesh to a developing country from the least developed one.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids including girls drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat [...]
- PM to be conferred with DLitt Degree at Kazi Nazrul University at Asansol
- Hasina-Mamata meeting in Kolkata today
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule