PM returns home from London
Published : 23 Apr 2018, 12:16
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returned home from London on Monday morning, wrapping up her six-day official visit to the United Kingdom (UK).
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport here at 10:47 am.
She departed from the Heathrow Airport in London at 8:00 pm (local time) on Sunday and Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine saw Sheikh Hasina off at the airport.
On Tuesday (April 17), Hasina arrived in London from Saudi Arabia to attend the 25th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
During her stay in London, she joined various programmes, including the CHOGM summit, Commonwealth Women Forum, a high-level programme arranged by UK’s prestigious think-tank ‘Overseas Development Institute (ODI)’.
Besides, she attended the welcome reception followed by dinner hosted by British Prime Minister Theresa May, a reception followed by dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth II in honour of heads of government and their spouses/partners, and a reception hosted by Commonwealth Secretary General Patricia Scotland QC.
The Prime Minister also joined a community reception accorded to her marking the graduation of Bangladesh to a developing country from the least developed one.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women