‘Dead’ baby finally dies
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 12:30
The new born baby, who was found alive during bathing prior its burial in the city’s Azimpur Graveyard on Monday after declared dead at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), died at Shishu Hospital here early Tuesday.
Dr Mohammad Abu Tayeb, deputy director of Dhaka Shishu Hospital, said the baby was declared dead at 1:33am.
Sharmin Akter, 20, wife of Minhaz Uddin, hailing from Dhamrai, got admitted to DMCH with labour pain early Sunday. Later she gave birth to a baby girl through normal delivery around 7:30am while the physicians declared it dead.
Sharif, a maternal uncle of the baby, brought it to Azimpur Graveyard for burial. When the baby was being giving bath for burial, it stirred.
Later, the baby was taken to Azimpur Maternity Hospital where the doctors referred it to Dhaka Shishu (Children) Hospital.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women