‘Dead’ baby finally dies
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 12:30
The new born baby, who was found alive during bathing prior its burial in the city’s Azimpur Graveyard on Monday after declared dead at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), died at Shishu Hospital here early Tuesday.
Dr Mohammad Abu Tayeb, deputy director of Dhaka Shishu Hospital, said the baby was declared dead at 1:33am.
Sharmin Akter, 20, wife of Minhaz Uddin, hailing from Dhamrai, got admitted to DMCH with labour pain early Sunday. Later she gave birth to a baby girl through normal delivery around 7:30am while the physicians declared it dead.
Sharif, a maternal uncle of the baby, brought it to Azimpur Graveyard for burial. When the baby was being giving bath for burial, it stirred.
Later, the baby was taken to Azimpur Maternity Hospital where the doctors referred it to Dhaka Shishu (Children) Hospital.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack