Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 13:11
An accused of a rape incident was killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Pekua area of Banshakhali here early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Hakim Mintu, 30, accused in several cases with Banskhali Police Station including one of violating a minor girl.
Mimtanur Rahman, assistant director (Media) of Rab-7, said based on secret information that Mintu was staying in the area, a team of Rab conducted drive there.
Sensing the presence of Rab members, Mintu and his cohorts opened fire on the elite force, prompting them to retaliate, triggering the gunfight.
After the gunfight, Rab members recovered the body from the spot.
The law enforcers also recovered a one-shooter gun, five round bullets and 2 bullet shells.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial