Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 13:11
An accused of a rape incident was killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Pekua area of Banshakhali here early Tuesday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Hakim Mintu, 30, accused in several cases with Banskhali Police Station including one of violating a minor girl.
Mimtanur Rahman, assistant director (Media) of Rab-7, said based on secret information that Mintu was staying in the area, a team of Rab conducted drive there.
Sensing the presence of Rab members, Mintu and his cohorts opened fire on the elite force, prompting them to retaliate, triggering the gunfight.
After the gunfight, Rab members recovered the body from the spot.
The law enforcers also recovered a one-shooter gun, five round bullets and 2 bullet shells.
- Most viewed
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids including girls drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat [...]
- PM to be conferred with DLitt Degree at Kazi Nazrul University at Asansol
- Hasina-Mamata meeting in Kolkata today
- PM Sheikh Hasina visits Jorasanko Thakur Bari
- Hasina calls for int'l support for ''Rohingya Repatriation''
- 26 May Events
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule