Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
Published : 24 Apr 2018, 16:00
A seven years old girl, who had reportedly been missing since April 19, was rescued from Chakaria upazila here early Thursday.
The victim was identified as Taslima Akhter Maisa, daughter of rickshaw puller Md Gofur of Daimarkhil village in Satkhania upazila.
Based on written allegation by the victim’s father, members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) led by Major Md Ruhul Amin of Cox’s Bazar camp conducted a drive in the area and rescued the girl. The team also arrested two kidnappers, said a Rab press release.
The arrestees were identified as Mominur Islam, 19, son of Bodiul Alam and Monawara Begum, 35, wife of Shahbuddin of Palakata village of Chakaria upazila.
Later, the victim and the arrestee were handed over to Satkania Police Station.
Earlier on April 19, Maisa went missing from Rasther Matha area in Satkania upazila.
Later, the ‘kidnapper’ demand Tk 2 lakh as ransom.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’