Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
Published : 25 Apr 2018, 12:22
Police arrested a woman and recovered nine lakh Indian rupees from her possession from Pachura Shinduri Bridge area in Burichang Upazila here on Sunday night.
The arrestee was identified as Nilufa Begum, 45, wife Khorshed Alam of Pachura village in the upazila.
Officer-in-charge of Burichang Police Station, Manoz Kumar De, said police intercepted a CNG-run-auto rickshaw and held Nilufa along with the indian currencies concealed in her waist with paper.
A case under Special Power Act was filed in this connection, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack