Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
Published : 25 Apr 2018, 12:22
Police arrested a woman and recovered nine lakh Indian rupees from her possession from Pachura Shinduri Bridge area in Burichang Upazila here on Sunday night.
The arrestee was identified as Nilufa Begum, 45, wife Khorshed Alam of Pachura village in the upazila.
Officer-in-charge of Burichang Police Station, Manoz Kumar De, said police intercepted a CNG-run-auto rickshaw and held Nilufa along with the indian currencies concealed in her waist with paper.
A case under Special Power Act was filed in this connection, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women