Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
Published : 26 Apr 2018, 12:19
A woman and her daughter were burnt to death while the latter's son was injured in a fire at Bhujbal village of Rajnagar upazila in Moulvibazar district early Thursday.
The deceased are Rokeya Begum, 50 wife of late Wasir Mia, and her daughter Shahina Begum, 24.
According to locals, the fire originated from an electrical short circuit in the house around 2:15am, leaving Shahina dead on the spot and severely injuring Rokeya and her son Munna Aziz.
Fire service members rescued Munna and Rokeya after they doused the flames with the help of locals after an hour.
The injured were first taken to Sylhet Osmani Medical College and Hospital. They were then being rushed to Dhaka but Rokeya succumbed to her injuries on the way.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack