Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
Published : 26 Apr 2018, 12:19
A woman and her daughter were burnt to death while the latter's son was injured in a fire at Bhujbal village of Rajnagar upazila in Moulvibazar district early Thursday.
The deceased are Rokeya Begum, 50 wife of late Wasir Mia, and her daughter Shahina Begum, 24.
According to locals, the fire originated from an electrical short circuit in the house around 2:15am, leaving Shahina dead on the spot and severely injuring Rokeya and her son Munna Aziz.
Fire service members rescued Munna and Rokeya after they doused the flames with the help of locals after an hour.
The injured were first taken to Sylhet Osmani Medical College and Hospital. They were then being rushed to Dhaka but Rokeya succumbed to her injuries on the way.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women