Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
Published : 26 Apr 2018, 12:49
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina leaves Dhaka today (Thursday) on a three-day official visit to Australia to join Global Summit of Women in Sydney.
In the Summit the Prime Minister will be conferred Global Women's Leadership Award-2018.
The Prime Minister will depart Dhaka by a Thai Airways Flight this afternoon and reach Sydney in the morning on April 27.
Sheikh Hasina will receive the Global Women's Leadership Award-2018 on Friday at a ceremony at International Convention Centre (ICC) with Vietnam Vice President Thi Ngoc Thinh and former President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga.
US-based Global Summit of Women is giving the award for Sheikh Hasina's leadership in women's education and entrepreneurship in Bangladesh.
Global Women Summit is an annual international gathering of women leaders from around the world on business/economic issues, and Chair of Corporate Women Directors International (CWDI), promoting the increased participation of women on corporate boards globally.
In the Summit the Prime Minister will highlight the government's initiatives for women's empowerment and mainstreaming them in the national development, Prime Minister's Office (PMO) sources said.
The Prime Minister will hold bilateral Meeting with the Prime Minister of Australia Malcom Turnbull on April 28.
Julie Bishop, foreign minister of Australia will call on Prime Minister in the Intercontinental Sydney Hotel where she will be staying during the visit.
Sheikh Hasina will also visit Western Sydney University and join a community event at Sofitel Hotel on April 28.
She will leave Australia for home on April 29, 2018 and reach Dhaka on the next day.
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0