Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
Published : 26 Apr 2018, 16:59
A six-year-old kindergarten student has been allegedly raped in Bogura’s Shibganj upazila.
The rapist was identified as Shanto, a rickshaw-puller and son of Md Belal from the upazila’s Gokulpur village, family and police sources said.
The incident said to have taken place yesterday, around 3:30pm, when the child was playing on the yard. The rapist lured the child with food and took her to his room.
Neighbours heard screams of the child and rescued her in serious condition. Last reported, she was undergoing treatment at Bogura Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital.
Md Rejwanul Hasan, medical officer of the Gobindaganj Health complex, said that the child was bleeding profusely when she was first taken to the health complex.
Nirmalendu Chowdhury, deputy director of Bogra Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital, said that they admitted the child last night.
Officer-in-charge of Shibganj Police Station Shahid Mahmud said he did not received any written complain in this regard. He also said, there has been no arrest made over the alleged rape.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women